Q1. What is network address?
Answer: We can view network and host addresses in two methods:
1) Community-ID and Host-ID
An IP address is created of two areas, the remaining component is network ID, the proper element is host ID.
For instance, in a hundred.3.four.5, if a hundred is a network ID, then 3.four.five is a host ID. If one hundred.3 is network ID, then four.5 is a host ID.
2) Network-handle and host-tackle. Let us look at two examples:
IP-deal with Community-ID Host-ID Community-address Host-handle Mask
100.4.five.six/8 a hundred 4.5.6 100… a hundred.4.five.six /eight
one hundred fifty.1.2.three/16 one hundred fifty.one two.three 150.1.. 150.1.two.three /16
Be aware: Network mask is offered as /m the place m is a two-digit decimal amount amongst 8~31.
Notice: IP, network, and host addresses are typically introduced with masks.
Q2. What is mask?
Solution. IP uses network mask to break up a 32-bit IP-tackle into network-ID and host-ID. Network-deal with is manufactured of network-ID bits on the left and bits on the appropriate.
For illustration, for a hundred and fifty.1.2.three/sixteen, 16 is the network mask, one hundred fifty.1 is community-ID, 150.1../sixteen is network-tackle, two.3 is host-ID, a hundred and fifty.1.2.three/16 is host-deal with. Community-address is used by routers to ahead packets. Host address is utilised to distinguish hosts in the identical community.
Q3. Why buy ipv4 ?
Solution: When figures are as well many, we use hierarchical construction to control them. For illustration, phone number are structured as.
For illustration, 086.021.1234.5678 is a variety in China, Shanghais. The voice information is switched by place code, city code, and prefix. Structured phone numbers are significantly easier to switch than flat ten-digit cellphone numbers.
Web faces a related situation. There are almost four.two billion addresses (IP has 32 bits. or two^32 individual addresses.) Routers use routing tables to foreword packets. Naturally, it really is significantly easier for router to take care of structured addresses than 4 billion flat types.
IP’s resolution is to use network-addresses to forward packets, not person ones. Network mask breaks an address into a network-ID and a host-ID. Routing tables use network addresses, not IP addresses.
– 100…/8 community has 16,777,216 addresses. In a routing desk, (a hundred…/eight, next hop interface) claims: ahead packets with the exact same spot community to the same next hop interface.
– a hundred and fifty.1../16 network has sixty five,536 addresses. In a routing desk, (150.one../16, next hop interface) normally takes care of forwarding sixty five,536 specific addresses in one hundred fifty.one../sixteen network.
– 150.one../sixteen network has 65,536 IP addresses. In a routing table, (a hundred and fifty.one../sixteen, next hop interface) takes care of forwarding sixty five,536 specific address in a hundred and fifty.1../16 community.
– 222.111.44./24 has 256 IP addresses. In a routing table, (222.111.44./24, up coming hop interface) forwards 256 IP addresses in 222.111.forty four. network to the subsequent hop interface.
This fall. How current mask in decimal?
Answer. Existing mask the identical way as IP handle. For instance.
/eight is presented as 255….
/16 is introduced as 255.255…
/24 is presented as 255.255.255.
Q5. Why mask length is several of 8 but?
Solution: There are two variety of IP addressing schemes: classful and classless. What we’ve talked so much is classful. Classless IP tackle can use mask of any length. See next tutorials for particulars.
This write-up is the FAQ of an interactive animation. You can engage in this animation outlined underneath Exterior hyperlinks.